This blog chiefly seeks to collate materials available elsewhere on the net by or about J Gresham Machen


Wednesday 10 September 2008

Quotations

A number of unreferenced quotations can be found here and here Eg

In many respects, my work is very enjoyable, for I seem to get on pretty well with the fellows and enjoy the work of instruction as well as my own studies.
Afternoon classes - that evil invention!

Conservative New Testament studies could also provide an intellectually satisfying alternative to German biblical criticism and to the liberal theology that accompanied it.

I see with greater and greater clearness that consistent Christianity is the easiest Christianity to defend.

Stay the course.

I can't die now, I have so much work to do.

I'm so thankful for the active obedience of Christ. No hope without it.

No comments: